Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bogie Night

I am still reveling in Turner Classic Movies' Summer Under the Stars.  And this 24 hour period belongs to Humphrey Bogart.
As I sat knitting (brown tunic for Flo's granddaughter) and watching The Maltese Falcon, I looked up the cast list on my smart phone.  (I'll admit it, I'm a geek.)
All the times I've watched this film and I had never noticed that one of my new favorite stars, Walter Houston appeared in it.  Maybe it was because I've just recently became his fan.  (Try to catch him in "Dodsworth.")
And that is one of the things I love about old movies.  You never know just when one of your friends will appear.
Oh, in case you were wondering, Walter Houston is Captain Jackoby--the man who falls into Sam Spade's office, carrying the battered bundle containing the Falcon.
Next up: Saraha, a tank warfare film.  And not a woman on the screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your Candy Cotton shawl! I would like to know where I could find the pattern, also there were listed several types of Sprout yarn organic - is there a particular brand name and, place to purchase - Thanks Sandy.