Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Home Place

This picture is looking towards Hubby's home farm, which is just down the road from where we live now.
The picture was taken a few weeks ago, on a dreary day, when I happened to notice the rainbow ending on the farm.
Actually while then land shown there was all his parents farm, the next owner sold the home and barn with a small parcel of land and built a pole barn and set a modular that shows on the right center of picture.
But the large white barn, with silo is part of the old home place.
I do love being close to the heritage of our families.  The home Hubby's father grew up on is just a couple miles away, owned by the grandparents who came from Germany.  His mother's was a few more miles farther west.  My family came from different counties, but both ended up in our county.  My brother and sister-in-law live in the next township.  Even my most far flung nephew and his family still live in the same state.
I am thankful for family, and heritage.  Freedom and faith.  Rural living and (some) technology.
Thank you everyone who reads and follows my musings.  You are appreciated too.

No comments: