Friday, February 3, 2012

A Wonderful Book

A week or so ago I shared a picture of a pile of books that somehow arrived at my door.  (I still plea the Fifth.)
All of these books are great, and for different reasons.  I recommend them all.
But my surprising favorite is Coastal Knits by Alana Dakos and Hannah Fettig.
I hadn't seen (to my knowledge) any of Alana's designs, but I have been a fan of Hannah's for some time.  My Duchess of Cambridge WIP sweater is her Featherweight design.  It's growing slowly, as other projects jump ahead, but at good traveling stage.
But back to the book.  I consider a book a good buy if there are one or two sweaters that fit me and some I want to make.  In Coastal Knits I love them all!  And would make them.  Plus they would be the right size!  I showed the book around at Knit Nite this week.  Everyone loved the tam.
I still don't know how it came here (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!), but I am very glad it did.
(In the picture below, Coastal Knits is on the top left.)


No comments: