Sunday, February 28, 2010

I Did It

My February Pink Lady was done in plenty of time before the end of he Olympics. I sewed on the last button at 7:43pm. All ends were woven, and I am feeling pretty proud.

As you can see, Gertrude stepped up to the plate to model it. Or rather, she hopped up on the tub. I can't wait to wear it tomorrow.

I see that my Ebony worsted weight Shine, cotton/modal from Knit-Picks is ready to be mailed so I will wait till that comes in to start the nursing shawl for my niece. Probably by the end of the week. So I am working on my Pi Are Square shawl for the time being. I think that is coming along quite well. I may have another Finished Object coming off those needles before long.

And of course, I have been inspired for more projects. Next up for me is a purple cardi, using Bartletts yarn in Mountain Laurel for the body, and some homespun marl yarn for the yoke and narrow stripes just above the ribbing on body and sleeves. I probably will use the pattern for the old jeans cardigan.

Except of course the new sweater will be one piece, instead of several, and raglan instead of set-in sleeves. But other than that, the same pattern.

Yeah sure.

No comments: