Saturday, December 5, 2009

Other Knitting Knews

Update time. I have made great progress on the two at a time socks. These are the ones from a kool-aid dyed sock blank. They started live on 2 circular needles, but I didn't like that method. After switching to double points (luckily I had 2 matching sets of Knit Picks double points) I have made better progress. Since that picture was taken I have done heel flap and turned the heel, and started the gussets, on both socks. I try to knit one, then the other to keep the surplus yarn even.

Next is a new project I started this past week, after finishing the sweater. I am using a light/dark blue and brown sock yarn--Alpaca Sox. The pattern is Laura Chau's Milkweed Shawl and it is more of a sholder shawl.
I have restarted it 3 times, to get the right needle/gauge, but am happy with it now. It goes fairly quickly too.
Next is mittens. I started a couple weeks ago, but then rethunk them. I decided instead of using the cream alpaca, I am going to use bits of fleece knit along at a regular pace to give a tufted wool lining that will felt to my hands with use. I found some raw fleece so the lanolin will help make them waterproof as well. I hope
And here is something that has been on the back burner, but is still a great travel project and has been traveling to Knit Night, as backup when I run into some problem on my main knitting. I have been describing this Pi Are Square shawl to people as the knitting equivelant of a crazy quilt, with my use of the mill ends, but I really do love it.
And I promise, I will return th the February Pink Lady sweater and the Lady Eleanor entralac shawl.
Soon.
Maybe next month.

No comments: