Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Got to Get the Wheels Out.

I have been eyeing my spinning again. I haven't had much time to work on it, since my spinning guild dissolved in January. I have been doing some on my drop spindle. I have some lovely superwash wool I got from a booth at the SOAR marketplace. (I didn't really attend, but went with some friends to the marketplace and to enjoy the ambiance. ) It is in a pink/yellow/lime colorway called Luther Burbank's Rose Garden--or Flower Garden. I can't find the tag and forgot the exact name. I also purchased a wrist distaff and (ta-da!) a Tom Forrester drop spindle. I tried out the drop spindle on the ride home and spun and plied up one of the free samples we got. The spindle is so nice and the superwash spins up so nicely. I am hoping to ply it into sock yarn. I haven't spun sock yarn before, other than some some that was not superwash and fulled up a little. It was thick to begin with, so not a good sock yarn.
Now that the NASCAR season is going strong (and after Mark Martin had another win snatched away, this time by the crew chief), maybe I can spend more time spinning and watching the races. Two birds with one stone so to speak.

No comments: